Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Keeping Up With Melissa

While I am no wear near as interesting, dramatic, rich or gorgeous like the Kardashians, I will still call this post Keeping Up With Melissa :) Here's whats new...


My mom and I attended a "one-on-one" class from the Amazing Amanda at Young Nails in American Fork.  It was fabulous!  We brushed up on the basics and classics, perfected our skills, and learned some new techniques... definitely a day worth spent!  As you probably know... continued education is huge to me and I love to attend classes and shows every chance I get!!



I have the new CAPTION CONVERSION from Young Nails!! Ahh so exciting!  So this product converts all of their Caption Nail Polishes into GEL POLISH (and yes of course I own every single Caption color :) )! This is revolutionary people.. no other company has technology like this which is one of the many reasons I love Young Nails.  This opens up a whole new world of art possibilities such as better ombre nails (cuz it's so much easier with nail polish), matching your nail color perfectly with your stamped art color and much much more!!  Plus, who doesn't love having more colors to choose from ;)



I LOVE SPECIALTY SHAPES!!! Okay, so that's not anything new, but I wanted to touch base on it because it's so popular right now and it's probably my favorite thing to do right now!  Coffin (Ballerina), Stillettos, Almond, Almondetto, Lipstick, you name it, I love it.  Actually, just kidding.  I don't like duckbill, fan, shovel, whatever you want to call it, I don't like that shape.  Don't ask me to do it.  Seriously, don't.  I hate them :) Anyways haha These shapes can be achieved in both acrylic and hard gel so don't worry, you don't have to change from your faves to try it out.  Here's a few fun sets I've done!!














AND last but certainly not least... I have Swarovski Crystals!!!  These are stunning and SOOO much prettier than traditional rhinestones.  Not only are they incredibly shiny, but they stay on better!  I am going to post a video soon of these and the rhinestones side by side so you can see the difference.



I do have an announcement coming soon.. one that I will not publicly announce until the end of April, but it's super exciting and you guys are going to love it!  I can't wait to share it with you all!

Until next time... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment